Friday, January 14, 2011

WIP: Dawn Doll Dresses

I'm sure that looking at the blog you may be rolling your eyes and seriously wondering over the sanity of a grown woman who knits doll clothes.

I didn't set out to do this. In fact, I only knit some clothes for 11" dolls for my nieces then put the extras online to sell. When I did that some people stumbled upon the listings and asked me to create for some other dolls. One such doll is Dawn.

There is a now annual convention for lovers of this 1970s era tiny doll. Each year there is a theme and most often a doll given away. I've knit items now for three years, in line with the convention theme. This year is a masquerade ball theme. I've got a few ideas floating in my head and have started a tiny little formal gown:

Gotta keep this under my hat for now. The yarn is Red Heart crochet cotton. It is very thin to knit with, which is appropriate for the scale of Dawn.

No comments:

Post a Comment