Sunday, January 16, 2011

FO #2: Green Hat for Me

I have a wonderful hat pattern that I've been waiting to make, but I forgot before I cast this on. I've been waiting to find the perfect green yarn for that one (wool blend most likely). In the meantime, however, I've had a hair crisis so I need more hats.

I crocheted a chain to measure around my head then cast on stitches pulled through the crocheted chain. I'm using Caron Simply Soft in an amazing dark green (Dk Sage 9707). When I took this first photo I had seed stitched about an inch and had the beginnings of a 4x4 ribbing. I planed to do some simple cables and who knows what else. The color, for me, carries it. Redheads and green go hand-in-hand.


I knit for a while in the rib pattern and started to cable. It went well and then I thought I'd try something, which turned out horrible. I'm not an adventurous knitter yet, but one thing I've learned only through reading the blogs of others is that frogging is a necessary evil and can be accomplished without ripping the whole thing out. So, I was brave and pulled the needle out, carefully pulled stitches (as I begged my children to be quiet for a few minutes), and got the needle back in. I was off and was able to figure my way to a decent finished project (which I am wearing as I type this):



No comments:

Post a Comment