Friday, January 7, 2011

Ponies

I admit that I'm far behind where I should be taking photos and posting. I finished the hat for my Dad and the mittens for my Mom. I think I even have pictures. Mom has worn her mittens and, I think, loves them. Two thumbs up for that! I'll try to get the photos uploaded soon.

In the meantime, lest I totally give up on posting all together, I'll put up a picture of one of my other new obsessions. Last year sometime, or even earlier, I purchased some ponytail holders on Etsy. I loved that the shop owner made ones appropriate for adults as well as kids. I generally have medium to long hair and pull it back probably 75% of the time or more. So, I loved the ones I purchased. They are thick, "ouchless" elastic ponytail holders with the decoration being a covered button. The fabric can match anything.

I thought about how much I love the ones I have and figured that I could do it. So, for the girls' this summer I made them pillowcase dresses, made matching dresses for their dolls, and made ponytail holders to match. It was fun and now I'm hooked. Tiny scraps of material make wonderful things to accessorize.

I wanted to try and sell some and for the first time ever display possibilities worked out for me. I don't know how, but I thought to use my business cards. So, without further delay...here are my very own ponytail holders:


Two sizes and a bunch of patterns. I have a stash of rounds of fabric and elastics. I even bookmarked a website to buy the buttons in bulk. Ahh...to have the time to pursue my creative dreams.

Well, I'm off to knit some more on a doll sweater I promised. Gotta get moving on productivity.

No comments:

Post a Comment