Sunday, January 9, 2011

Mittens

Finally took the time to download some photos from my camera. Presenting....dat dat dat da...Mom's driving mittens:


Well, almost. This was right before I sewed the lining to the outside and fitted them together. Not only are they a wonderful shade of blue, but the yarns are magnificent and I even got to be "green". The outside is the Soy Wool Stripes yarn in denim (if I remember correctly) which is a very soft, fuzzy wool. The inside is Caron Simply Soft (one of my favorite all around acrylics). Then, the leather for the palm was salvaged from a jacket I used to wear but long ago was sent to the scrap pile due to holes.

Like I said, I think Mom likes them. In fact, I think I saw her wearing them the first Monday after she received them, as she went to warm up the car and drive to work. I can't help it, I'm proud of these as I saw a problem and devised a way to solve it. Crafting to do it made my left and right brain happy. Who could ask for more?

No comments:

Post a Comment