Tuesday, January 11, 2011

FO: Doll Dress for Lizzy

Woo Hoo!! Friday, January 7th I completed my first finished object (FO) of 2011. That feels good!

We attended mass on Christmas Eve and were thrilled to make new friends with some members of our Decon's family. It is a long and complex tale, but I knew of the child who could not take her eyes off the dolls my daughters had taken with them. The adults chatted for a few minutes after mass and I promised to provide more information on my doll clothes.

Instead, as is somewhat typical of me, I came home and dug out a doll I had stashed away (for a craft fair-to-be) and started to knit a dress for that doll. I finished Friday for delivery on Sunday. I even was lucky enough to have a pair of shoes stashed as well.


The colors in the photo turned out horrible. I need to remember to use only black or white as a background, instead of this green one. Anyway, the dress is a hot pink with turquoise accents. I had asked Lizzy what her favorite colors are and she said pink, blue, and yellow. Always fun to keep the recipient's likes in mind.

One down...many, many more to go. I finally put up a shelf I've had set aside and I filled it with all the yarn my doll lover has sent me. I've been supposed to use it to make her sweaters. Supposed to...hmm...not doing so well with that. It's funny, because I've sent her quiet a few things, but obviously far from enough. So, with the shelf up and overflowing I think I'll have even more motivation to keep working on things. Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment