Tuesday, January 25, 2011

FO: Hunter Hat

Oh, what we do for the men in our lives. I've become friends with a new man who loves to hunt. We were chatting the other night and I mentioned how I had orders to complete but that I was, at that moment, knitting a hat for myself. Typical him, I was called a slacker (so, that will be my "slacker hat" forever more). I laughed, especially when he asked what I charged for a hat. I said I'd think about it, finally deciding he has to pay with lunch.



 So, until then, I've been knitting with Wool Ease. I started with ribbing and waited for an idea. Ravelry turned up some unexpected patterns for deer. I found this basic one and this, shall we say, "racy" one.




I couldn't help myself. I combined the two, flipping the images, so I have deer prancing around the 120 stitches.


The pattern came together well, but somwhere along the line I mis-counted and one of the deer isn't quite right. I have perfectionist tendencies in some things, but for this I just worked it out. Also, as any fellow knitters may notice, I'm still trying to perfect carrying yarn. The strands aren't pulling in too much but it still isn't perfection. I understand many people use both hands when stranding, but I don't think I can do that just yet. I'll have to think and try again another time. Still, not bad, if I do say so myself.

As I was knitting and thinking how large it looked I remembered the character from the Fat Albert cartoon. I used to watch that all the time, but I couldn't remember Dumb Donald's name. What do you think?

 

No comments:

Post a Comment