Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Updates

I have been checked out for a while now on the blog, but have been plodding away with crafting. So, I'm going to try to fill in a bit now that I've uploaded some photos finally. I've been wanting to write but didn't think it would be the same without something to look at.

First, let me share my oldest daughter's 100th Day of School project. She's in first grade and came up with the idea to use 100 buttons on a shirt. I let her glue most of them on (except the ones with shanks) and then I went to work sewing them in place (so she can wear it at some point). In the process I made it to #50 (totally by chance) when my needle broke. This would not normally be a big deal, but for some reason I cannot locate my spare needles and that was the last one I had in the pin cushion. So, the shirt sat for far too long unattended to. Then I picked up a nifty case of $.97 needles and was off and running again (although I already broke one of those as well).

Anyway, all that silliness aside, LexiLou made a great design (don't you think?):

Oh, and in case you're wondering...I had all these buttons in my stash...and many, many more left over. (hanging my head)

No comments:

Post a Comment