Sunday, February 20, 2011

FO: Dawn Doll Dresses

Yes, I admit that I'm a dress designer...for dolls. :(

I did once dream of designing clothing but never imagined this to be the course. Still, I do find it a fun challenge and am glad to have customers.

Did you know there was a doll called Dawn, from the 70s? She was, I understand, quite popular and many people now reminisce at a yearly convention. I know a woman who parties with some fellow doll-lovers, in honor of the yearly event. So, for the third time I get to design an outfit to go with the yearly theme.

This year is a masquerade ball and I designed the following (the one on the left is the prototype and the right is the, hopefully, finished design).



If approved I'll be knitting fifteen tiny dresses (Dawn is a thin, six-inch gal) and accessorizing with fifteen different masks. I can't wait to play with the options. I have a bag of feathers and glittery foam and the crafting bug.

1 comment:

  1. Love the dress! I hope to get my sister to make me some using your ravelry pattern. :)

    ReplyDelete