Friday, March 11, 2011

Pillows

I know this is mainly a knitting blog, but I am not just a knitter. I am actually a crocheter first, but learned to sew a bit along the way and then to knit.

My girls were getting ready for a new visitation schedule and were hesitant for overnights. So, I pulled out some fabric I purchased more than a year ago (for them) and put together three complimentary pillows. Each girl has one to take to their Dad's and I keep mine with me. This way we share something even across the miles. I drew some basic designs on paper and let the girls pick which they wanted. Then I cut and sewed and they stuffed. It was a fun project to do together. Each of my little ones also has a smaller version for at home. Those are stuffed but I haven't gotten around to sewing the seam closed yet. Too much other stuff on my plate these days.

Here are the three pillows together:

and my favorite part of the blue fabric:

"May you always know you are loved." I purchased this fabric, full of inspirational sayings, to use as pillow cases of some sort for my girls, as they struggled with their life changes. I knew it would be something special that we could share and they'd be able to hear my positive voice even in the darkest hours, whispering from this fabric to their hearts.

No comments:

Post a Comment