Saturday, March 26, 2011

Cleaning House-FO, Frogging, and WIP

I'm a single-Mom (divorced, to be exact) and I'll admit it is difficult to juggle it all sometimes. I adore my two little ones but am now learning to love a bit of "me" time while they visit their Dad. So, this weekend I dove into the closet in the craft room and started rearranging. I pulled out a bag full of WIPs and started really looking at them.

1) There was a lovely lavender item. It was two rows of eyelets (K1,YO, K2tog) then a few rows of stockinette stitch. It was maybe 8 inches wide and I'd knit more than a foot in length. I'm guessing I was going to make it into a scarf but I figured if I couldn't remember maybe it wasn't worth the time to figure out again. I frogged it and liberated a circular needle (haven't checked the size yet)

2) The second item out of the bag was a red and blue beginning of a crocheted afghan with star blocks. It was cool and I kind of remembered it, but when I analyzed it I thought I could make a scarf out of it instead if I frogged a few rows then bound off and added fringe. Maybe nobody else will ever want it, but at least I don't feel as let down as I would've frogging the whole thing.

3) Next was a baby blue and white stripped child's hat. Not actually sure of the size on this, but will try it on me and/or the girls later. It was on a piece of waste yarn so I put it on dpns and started working it. I actually feel productive, even though other projects are sitting idly by. I can't wait to dive into some more of these and feel "done" maybe at some point.

No comments:

Post a Comment