Sunday, March 13, 2011

FO: 18" Doll Tunic

White is a classic, or so I'm told. It goes with everything no matter the season (assuming you're not one of those "old fashioned" ones who think no white after Labor Day). So, my friend always has room in her stash for white doll sweaters. This time she sent me a pair of leggings and asked me to make something to compliment them.

I searched the stash of yarn she'd given me, and my own, and found the perfect match-baby blue mohair. Unfortunately, with my allergies acting up already, I thought it best to pass along the mohair she gave me (ivory, pale pink, and baby blue-six skeins) to someone more fortunate (who doesn't get stuffed up and have migraines when using it). *sigh*

So, the second best option at that point was white acrylic. Ruffled edge, some eyelets, drastic decrease and it is a great sweater over leggings. I know it looks a bit odd laid out this way, but believe me when I tell you it looks great on the doll. Hope my friend agrees. I even loved it enough to iron it before mailing...had to see if it would lay right as I'd thought.

No comments:

Post a Comment