Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Skills

This past year I've explored a lot in my knitting, cables being the most prevalent. I'm still working toward following complicated patterns. I picked out a wonderful one for an aran sweater for my Grandma and will admit that I'm ready to frog it after it has sat so very long I can't remember where I was. The need for a dozen markers and all those different cables is driving me a bit mad. So, in the meantime I think I'll settle for cabling hats.


When I first made one, about a year ago, I was happy with it. However, as time has passed there are widening gaps where the cables are. The newer ones seem to be holding up better and I think that's a good thing. I've even been asked to custom make one for a dear friend and that was the ultimate compliment.

No comments:

Post a Comment