Sunday, September 5, 2010

Tiny Toes

I know it just isn't the same to post without photos, but I don't want to go too long without writing or I'll forget all I'm up to. Besides, I can always come back and add the photos later.

I've been knitting like a crazy lady. I have a pair of socks for each of my girls...lime and yellow for my eldest and purple and red for my younger (they picked the colors). I also have cast on for a second pair for my eldest, to be slouchy over a pair of cool peace sign leggings. These are simple socks but make them smile.

I looked at their socks and a pattern I'm going to try for doll socks and tried a simple one today for my 18" doll. Zoe (the red-headed doll) is now sporting a pair of lime ankle socks and I'm so excited!

I've also finished another hat and scarf set for the dolls. I have a doll sweater on the needles, from the pattern book my friend sent me and I have picked the yarn for the next two of my own design.

As if that weren't enough, I spent this evening taking the back pockets off the back of a pair of jeans I had recycled most of previously. When the pockets were off I realized how cool the denim looked and decided I could alter it further to be a skirt for my eldest. So I spent a bit longer ripping more seams and planning and getting more and more excited. It was a big night for craftiness.

Well, I guess I'd better hop off if I'm going to have any time to finish these projects before my daughter starts school next week. I also have an unfinished pair of mittens staring at me and I really do want to start some mittens for my Mom and some socks for a friend and I am still staring intimidated at the purple aran knit sweater I've barely started for my Grandma. She deserves it and I need to make that a priority to keep her frail little body warm this winter.

No comments:

Post a Comment