Sunday, September 19, 2010

WIPs

I used to hate those abbreviations like the title of this post and still get a bit confused by some. So, for anyone who doesn't knit or crochet or is new or confused, WIP is work-in-progress. If you've been to my home you'll know that I'm one of those many knitters who have far too many started but not complete items. Right now I'm working on the following:

  • Doll sweater #1: Blue and white, empire waist, long sleeved
  • Doll sweater #2: Thinking this may be an elephant Halloween costume, but I'm undecided
  • Doll sweater #3: awaiting frogging (ripping out-rip it, rip it, rip it like the sound of a frog) or trash can. I knit what I thought was a pretty simple pattern until I had seamed everything and knit all the edging to find out that one side was significantly longer than the other. That should be a warning to me to stop knitting so much when I'm exhausted.
  • Socks for LexiLoo: Pink with three purple stripes right above the toes-first time toe-up, two circular needles, and no seam. First sock is at cuff and now I'm ribbing 1x1 for a few more inches before I can bind off and begin again.
  • Socks for Me: toe-up but seam at heel sides-green and blue striped. First sock is complete but bind off edge is a bit tight around foot when pulling on and off. I really don't want to pull the edge off so I'm working it out (I hope).
  • Aran Knit Sweater: Lavender baby yarn to keep my 89-year-old Grandma warm. Only about five inches of the back done so far. Frustrating, to say the least. I wish I'd chosen a pattern worked in-the-round before I committed to this one. Too much money invested in the new needles and too much time on the three inches of ribbing to frog it now. Next time...
  • Mittens for Carebear: One is done and the other just has some ribbing. They are two needle items worked from the cuff up. These are wool, some kool-aid dyed, and will be felted. These have a matching hat made completely out of the kool-aid dyed yarn. LexiLoo's set is fully knit. Christmas is approaching fast so I have to finish the mitten and get everything into the washer.
  • Socks for Carebear: not yet started. I have new purple yarn, at her request, and think these will be two shades of purple and pink or just pink and purple-I can't decide yet. I'm using Caron Simply Soft for most of these socks as it works quick and will keep our feet toasty warm as the Fall progresses and turns into Winter. 
  • Socks for a Friend: purchased another skein of a new favorite colored baby yarn. I think I'll knit some simple, happy socks for her feet to lounge in. Not skinny socks but warm ones for winter wear or around the house.
  • Mittens for Family Member: Someone I know has very, very cold hands and I found some wool that I think will do the trick. Soft and fuzzy but warm as can be.
I'm laughing a bit as I typed all that and thought of the afghans sitting patiently in the other room, or the yarn for shrugs for the girls this Summer that never made it to the needles. This is in no way a comprehensive list. These are just the highest priority in my mind, for the moment. LOL!

Ok, time to log off and go wash Carebear's cup for daycare tomorrow. I had promised myself a reasonable bedtime to help fend off this complete exhaustion. Here's hoping. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment