Saturday, August 14, 2010

Special Delivery

The doorbell rang today, which is odd. I rushed out to the kitchen and was slipping on my flip flops when it rang again. Ok, that's annoying. I popped out the door and rushed down the stairs to let in the mailman.

I've been waiting on a package from a friend and I keep checking the mailbox and being disappointed. Well, I had no idea that when she said a package she meant a huge box full of goodies.

I was expecting a check (for a custom order) and a couple skeins of yarn. What I received was a check and
tons of fun yarn and a new pair of needles. (sorry for fuzzy pictures, not sure if the settings on the camera got switched). 

I, like most knitters, couldn't wait so I've already cast on a new doll sweater (that's what I make for this friend) using a yarn that I must call "cloud". I think it is Lion Brand Homespun, but there wasn't a band on it. It is soft and lofty and I just can't stop. Pure white. Lovely!

I've got ideas spinning in my head for more and more and more sweaters, caplets, hats, scarves, even tiny socks. Aaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhh!! I need more hours in the day.

Well, enough of this. It's late and I want to be knitting, so I'm off. Hope your day was also filled with pleasant surprises!

No comments:

Post a Comment