Friday, August 6, 2010

Runway for Dolls

I apologize as I do have a list of posts I'd like to make but I've been swept away in the commotion of daily living and knitting like crazy. I must take photos and get them on here before I can even chat much.

In the meantime, I did finish a whole bunch of doll dresses and hauled them off to work for my co-worker to pick. She wanted at least three to save as Christmas gifts for her daughter. Three I showed earlier, but she also picked one with hearts on it (which is the only one I forgot to snap a picture of). So, here are two of the leftovers:

This striped dress has a flounce bottom and what I think is a really cool halter closure. I purchased book binding rings from Staples and knit a casing for it to slip through. The ring can open to slide around the doll's neck then close securely. I accidentally made the dress longer than I would've liked but I'm still pleased with the concept. I have more rings and more ideas.

The simple rainbow dress always makes me smile as I think of summer sunshine and fun days as a kid.

Last, I made this little wrap sweater to go over the red dress with the daisy. I think I'll make more of these as it came together quickly and looks nice, is a bit unique, and I love to pick buttons.

Hope you're all crafting as well. More to come so please stop by again. Also, I think I had inadvertently disabled comments but that should now be working again, so please say hello if you'd like.

No comments:

Post a Comment