Friday, February 18, 2011

FO: Plum Perfect Hat

*Sigh!* I took a picture of this hat as a WIP and fully intended to take some time and write about the process.

I have a dear friend who after seeing my slacker hat commented that she'd love to commission one in a deep purple. I found some wonderful, variegated purple wool in my stash and started to knit an idea I have. I just wasn't sure if she'd like the variations in color or the extra special care, so instead we went off to the store and I picked up a skein of Caron Simply Soft in Plum Perfect. I know I've written about it a lot, but I love to work with this yarn. It is especially easy on my rough hands this time of year. Plus, I think I may have a minor wool allergy. I find that I'm extra stuffy when working with it. Mohair is even worse. :(

I cabled at will and let the hat tell me what it wanted to be. Then, on Sunday I was able to put the finishing touches on it. I'm hoping my friend won't mind that I tried it on. I have to mail it to her, so I didn't want to send it off without knowing for sure that it was long enough to cover her ears.



I'm pleased with this one and hope she'll send a photos when it arrives. I think the color will compliment her complexion and she's the kind of soul that will appreciate the love in every stitch. HUGS, KR!

No comments:

Post a Comment