Tuesday, February 15, 2011

FO: Seeing Red Doll Ensemble

Finally I was motivated to seam up the sweater I had blocked. I pulled out dozens of pins and read the directions step by step. Then, I sighed as I realized I had set the first sleeve in wrong. It looked good enough, and now I know what I should do next time. Instead of trying to pull it all out I repeated the "mistake" on the other sleeve. I guess I'm not great at reading and understanding directions these days.


I designed, knit, and blocked the hat and the scarf to match. Now, I've got to send my friend the photos and hope she's equally as happy with the finished product. I used Caron Simply Soft yarn which I love for its sheen, softness, and the fact that it is fully washable and dryable.

The sweater pattern can be found in the 18" Doll Sweaters: Collection Three. It is really cute and functional, but seems a lot of effort for a doll. The back has a placket covering hook-and-loop tape which makes it look great, fit great, and is easy for kids to get on and off. The blocking, for me, was too much. However, it would not have looked even remotely like this without the blocking. Maybe I need to become more committed to the process. We'll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment