Friday, February 3, 2012

FO 2012: Lucky 7 Napkins

I was on a roll one afternoon and pulled out a pile of unfinished objects. In the Summer and Fall I set my girls to work cutting out napkins. I can't recall now what blog I read this on, but I remember thinking that this would be a perfect way to merge my "green" mindset and let my girls begin crafting. I grabbed two 12.5" squares and tons of fabric a friend had passed down to me and set them to work tracing and cutting. It didn't matter if the lines showed through or the cuts weren't straight. The girls cut then I folded, ironed, and sewed the four sides. Voila! We had napkins.

They loved it and so did I. However, those little ones can do their part a bunch quicker than Mom can. So, I have a pile left to be sewn and with our expanding blended family I've found we need more sewn or we can't use them. So, when I was working on doll clothes one weekend I pulled a few of these out and sewed seven more super quick.



These turn out smaller than most store-bought cloth napkins would be, but they work just fine for our family. We love to be able to pick random patterns. No need to match. I know this may not work for all families, but it seems to just "fit" us. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment