Thursday, August 1, 2013

Kid Crafting

EEEK!!! Really? More than a month since my last post?

Well, I've been thinking of posting! I've been writing them in my head. I've been disappointed when I had no pictures so decided it wasn't a good idea.

What have I been doing? Well, I've been working. Working, working, working, then working some more to be truthful. Then, in between all that I've been crashing pretty hard to sleep.

I've been crafting for kids...including my newest one, a thirteen week old kitten.

Here is the bed I crocheted for Troy (the kitten):


  I let my kids each pick a skein of yarn and I picked one so most of the bed is done using all three at once. There was no pattern, just did what was in my mind. It's durable, which is a good thing as more often than not he runs at it then drags it across the room using it as a scratching spot. It's actually quite comical.


 Doll sweaters are flying off the needles...or were for a couple weeks. Here are four new ones set to go off to a friend. The peach one needs buttons as does the back of the mint one. There are hats to go with all but the lime one. Thankfully my friend who buys these also sent me a stack of new patterns. They are so well written and taught me the raglan construction really well. I'm grateful!

Well that's about it for now. I've got a baby blanket on the needles and another doll sweater and a ton of items in hibernation. I've been too tired and too weary of the cat to get much done these days. It will change soon enough I'm sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment