Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Addiction

Hi! My name is Melissa and I think I'm addicted to knitting fingerless mitts! YIKES!!

Yes, it's happened again. I started last year with these and then got off the kick for a long time. Then a few weeks ago I was cleaning out my project basket and found some I hadn't seamed. I did a quick seaming and it felt good. I asked my Mom if she'd model them so I could put them on Etsy for sale and that's when everything went downhill...fast.

Mom liked them...a lot. She wants some for Christmas presents...four...six...eight pair. Any colors she said. Well that's like giving a kid a credit card in a candy store and unlimited time. I'm in over my head!!!

I've got most of the original batch done and am working on round two...for choices, of course. What if she didn't like what I picked for the first color choices? It didn't help that one of the variegated yarns put out two very non-matching mitts so I made four mitts to see if I could get two that might look better together. I got close but I still have two non-matches so I know I'll "have to" knit at least two from that skein.

Ok, well that's me for now. Pics to come sometime.

No comments:

Post a Comment